Thursday, February 02, 2012

What If...?


(Gosh, I love Pinterest)


What if I had actually stuck with it when I started this blog a.year.and.a.half.ago?  Where would I be?  What if I didn't let temptation trip me up every other day and truly committed to change?  How would I look and feel by now?  Well, my friends.  Hopefully I WILL be able to answer those questions one year from now.

I was just reading back through my older/original posts and noticed that my goal has gone from "lose 77lbs" to "lose 85lbs"....for the same target weight.  No bueno.  This is what happens when I just stop caring...the weight slowly creeps on about 1/2 - 1 pound a month, so insignificant that I don't even notice until the jeans I wore last spring are suddenly very snug the following fall. Or all of a sudden, rather than just needing to lose 30 pounds to get back to a size 3, out of nowhere, I'm frantic to drop 85 smackers to get to MAYBE a size 8.  &$^$%&(*^)*&)(*

So, as of February 1, Weight Watchers it is for me!  I've signed up for an at-work program, and started tracking my intake yesterday.  Ah for reals.  I will say that I had told myself that I wasn't "really" starting until I went to my first meeting and knew my true starting-weight...in order to give myself one last hoorah, no doubt.  But why do I need to do that?  Why can't I weigh in at the end of week1 and know that my starting-weight will be with good choices already behind me?  So that's what I'm doing.  No looking back this time, gals.  I'm really going to devote myself to this and give it everything I have.  No cheats.  It's on.


No cheats.



No comments:

Post a Comment